Rumor: DS Lites go missing in Hong Kong
- Friday Video: The letter 'F' (6/08/2007)
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Sale (6/08/2007)
- Checking in with Taiko Drum Master (6/08/2007)
- GBA discontinued at Target? (6/08/2007)
- The Shields of Zelda (6/08/2007)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. weird, cuz we (im living in HK) in fact have some black ds's lite......... but i never knew that there was a stolen cargo or something like that.........
Posted at 11:31PM on Jun 14th 2006 by twenty5 x you
3. Lets see. 2,320,000 divided by $130... about 17846 DS lites were stolen. Wow. That's 17000 angry people missing their new DS lites. And 17000 happy black market shoppers.
Hope it's found. Or Nintendo going to have to make more. But why was it in Hong Kong in the first place?
Posted at 12:29AM on Jun 15th 2006 by ...Jan... Medi
4. Hmmm, how exactly does one go about stealing a crate the size of several minivans weighing in at several tons. Maybe the security gaurd was at the Starbuck's across the street trying to decide on caramel or chocolate whipped cream on his mocca while a gang of masked men somehow stole the crateful of precious handhelds, someones got some splainin' to do. P.S. where's the black market? couldn't find it in the yellowpages.
Posted at 1:06AM on Jun 15th 2006 by that1guy95
5. ehh, i checked on ebay, still a little to early to find one, haha, would go nice with my white one
Posted at 1:18AM on Jun 15th 2006 by braulio
6. Dammit, that's what you get for breaking up the empire. You would of thought big tough organised crime fellows would have thing more important than DS lites to steal.
Posted at 5:12AM on Jun 15th 2006 by Redfield
7. Yes, I'm really sure Nintendo deserved to have a cargo container of their products stolen. Damn Satan worshipers...you do know Nintendo is also the cause of World War II?
Posted at 5:35AM on Jun 15th 2006 by Pit
8. Hey don't all of these DS's have MAC addresses? Cuz if they're being used, Nintendo can simply track them down (like they did with the millionth Wi-Fi user), or shut them off entirely.
Posted at 9:36AM on Jun 15th 2006 by Marc
9. By the time the units are taken online, they'll be in the hands of the end user, and it's not their fault if they were mislead into buying a stolen DS.
On the other hand, if black DS aren't available in Hong Kong, and they know they've got stolen goods, fair game. Anyway to overload DS's and make them explode?
Posted at 9:52AM on Jun 15th 2006 by Redfield
1. I didn't think that (no matter how sexy the DS lite is) it was worth 2.32 million dollars.
Anyway, i'm gonna go on Ebay to search for those criminals. Then, when i find 'em, i'm gonna take their stolen black DS lites as evidence......riiight...evidence.
Posted at 8:51PM on Jun 14th 2006 by Marc