If you think that our hunger for side-scrolling action sequels on the DS is sated this week, then you are underestimating our desire to run from left and right and shoot/slash things. In fact, Contra 4 has just made us want more. And The Legend of Kage 2 looks like the same kind of thing: a gorgeous fully 2D update of a NES-era classic. Even if the original is only a classic to us. If the development team behind Kage 2 learns anything from the last 20 years or so of gaming, we hope it's how to make a better Legend of Kage game.
From the screens, it looks like they may achieve that. It already looks like they've turned to Ninja Spirit for inspiration. That can only mean good things for the world.
The Legend of Kage 2 still looks amazing
Posted Nov 17th 2007 12:00PM by JC Fletcher
Filed under: Screens, Imports
Tags: action, legend-of-kage, platforming, retro, taito
- Taito producers talk Exit DS, The Legend of Kage 2 (54 days ago - 1 Comment)
- Bury the Shovelware: Space Invaders Revolution vs Space Invaders Extreme (7 days ago - 21 Comments)
- DS Daily: Castlevania: Double Order of Games (9 days ago - 18 Comments)
- Mushroom Men: Improvised Arsenal of the Fungi (2 days ago - 0 Comments)
- Pole vault into exclusive Dragon Ball: Origins video and screens (6 days ago - 6 Comments)
Reader Comments (Page 1 of 1)
11-18-2007 @ 6:44PM
This game looks cool, since not many DS games relate with ninjas, yet.