There are some purported gameplay
details drifting around regarding Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
, and if they're true, fans who've hoped for a game true to the original in the series have reason to take heart. Nearly all of this new information points toward an effort to make this DS title more and more like the original Kingdom Hearts
in gameplay, while bringing a new, darker edge to not only the story, but to the gameplay as well. We've compiled some of the more interesting info for you into a handy list available after the jump.
- Roxas' gameplay in single player mode has been changed slightly to give him a more Kingdom Hearts feel.
- Items obtained in Single Player Mode can be used in Multiplayer Mode.
- The new gauge LP Mode has not been fully revealed, but is hinted to be used for powerful techniques.
- Players may also participate in "Holograph Missions," which are not part of the main storyline, but are representative of how Organization members trained. It's uncertain if these are simply training missions or not.
- Dodge roll feels more like Kingdom Hearts now.
- Some returning enemies from Kingdom Hearts will be back; however they have been revamped and there are a few other surprises in the game.
- This game is shooting for similarity to the original Kingdom Hearts, but with a darker edge.
- It seems extra effort is being put into the cutscenes, character personalities, and conversations.
- The actions and defenses of each Organization member are new, and attacks can be chained together.
Reader Comments (Page 1 of 1)
1-08-2008 @ 4:04PM
GREAT ! Thx for this news you are the best like always ^^.
1-08-2008 @ 5:28PM
Alisha Karabinus said...
Aw, well, I just keep my eyes open for people who can translate! We always need MORE KH INFO.
1-08-2008 @ 6:14PM
Now I want this game even more. Some awesome news for an awesome future game from an awesome series. It's just... Awesome.
1-09-2008 @ 1:37PM
Am I the only one who is not excited for this game. Kingdom Hearts had great graphics, and animation. The combat was spot on. The game was overall very polished on a visual level. Were it lacked was the exploratory elements. Some of the "worlds" were around five or six screens with the same enemies to fight over and over again. Very lame. I'm waiting for squares heavey hitter Dragon Quest IX. There is absolutely no updates on that one at all. What Gives!?!
1-09-2008 @ 2:04PM
Maybe because Kingdom Hearts is better than Dragon Quest in every way?
1-09-2008 @ 4:02PM
I disagree that Kingdom Hearts is a better game. But thats just personal taste. I would like to see more deep hardcore games like Contra 4/Advance wars Days of Ruin/ Dragonquest IX/Ninja Gaiden on the DS, and Kingdom Hearts just doesn't make the cut for me. Again thats just my personal taste as well as pure opinion. Some people are Contra 4 type fans, and some people are Kingdom Hearts fans.
1-10-2008 @ 6:34AM
Some people also played Kingdom Hearts as their first RPG and don't really care about other RPG series... =/
I recently became interested in Kingdom Hearts, but with the lack of a PS2, I have yet to delve into the series.
1-11-2008 @ 10:00PM
I am dying for this game.