There are some purported gameplay
details drifting around regarding Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
, and if they're true, fans who've hoped for a game true to the original in the series have reason to take heart. Nearly all of this new information points toward an effort to make this DS title more and more like the original Kingdom Hearts
in gameplay, while bringing a new, darker edge to not only the story, but to the gameplay as well. We've compiled some of the more interesting info for you into a handy list available after the jump.
- Roxas' gameplay in single player mode has been changed slightly to give him a more Kingdom Hearts feel.
- Items obtained in Single Player Mode can be used in Multiplayer Mode.
- The new gauge LP Mode has not been fully revealed, but is hinted to be used for powerful techniques.
- Players may also participate in "Holograph Missions," which are not part of the main storyline, but are representative of how Organization members trained. It's uncertain if these are simply training missions or not.
- Dodge roll feels more like Kingdom Hearts now.
- Some returning enemies from Kingdom Hearts will be back; however they have been revamped and there are a few other surprises in the game.
- This game is shooting for similarity to the original Kingdom Hearts, but with a darker edge.
- It seems extra effort is being put into the cutscenes, character personalities, and conversations.
- The actions and defenses of each Organization member are new, and attacks can be chained together.