Of course, some easy picks like Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and Brain Age 2 populate the list, but where is the love for some other great DS games? Phantom Hourglass at the 23rd spot? For shame. 1.2 million copies of High School Musical: Makin' the Cut sold and Drawn to Life only selling 820,000 copies? For shame.
In all, it's an interesting list that you should take a look at.
But, lo and behold, the passage of time flowed in favor of Nintendo, as the Game Boy lead to the Game Boy Advance and the Game Boy Advance lead to
Well, now is the time to rustle up those nostalgic memories you have pattering around your noggin. The games are:
- Rolan's Curse 2
- Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
- Mole Mania
- Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
- Mega Man V
- Kirby's Dreamland 2
- Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
[Via Go Nintendo]
Besides Phantom Hourglass, what would you consider to be the best of the best on the DS this year?
What are your favorite homebrew games and/or applications to run on your DS?
[Via Gnomes Gaming on the Go]
Topping the list is a certain Nintendo franchise whose name is delightfully, and intentionally, mangled by meme addicts across the web, including pretty much everyone here. Our mispronunciation: let us hint at it.
The biggest offender? The color blue, who Nintendo seems to have collaborated with to render Brain Age players hoarse or even mute from repeated attempts at the Stroop test. Bluuuuuuuuuuuue!
We've included the full IGN list after the jump, and we'd love to hear how it compares to some of the other lists you've seen since the end of last year, because there's been a ton. We've even dipped a toe into the list-making process ourselves.
- 1. More Brain Training (Nintendo) - 3,417,956 sold
- 2. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 3,351,234 sold
- 3. Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 3,335,195 sold
- 4. Pokémon Diamond / Pearl (Nintendo) - 3,060,032 sold
- 5. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo) - 2,837,394 sold
- 6. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) - 1,626,242 sold
- 7. English Training (Nintendo) - 1,408,243 sold
- 8. Nintendogs (Nintendo) - 1,335,185 sold
- 9. Big Brain Academy (Nintendo) - 1,299,188 sold
- 10. Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop (Bandai) - 1,110,046 sold
Since their opinion is highly valued, a couple people over at GoNintendo have compiled a comprehensive list of the top-scoring DS games on the market. First place belongs solely to Nintendogs, picking up one of those coveted 40/40 scores, followed by Meteos with a 38/40, and then Animal Crossing: Wild World at 37/40. For a (very) full list, click that underlined blue clicky thing at the bottom of the post.
(If you were wondering, the six perfect scores belong to (in chronological order): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Vagrant Story, Soul Calibur, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Nintendogs, and Final Fantasy XII.)