- Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits for £11.99
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for £15.99
- Drawn to Life for £11.99
- The Simpsons Game for £12.99
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies for £12.99
- Sim City for £11.99
- MySims for £14.99
- Magical Starsign for £11.99
1UP -- 80%: It's an RPG. It's strategy. It's something entirely new that is like both of these things, yet not, and the result is a little lightweight. "Lightweight doesn't mean worthless, though. Thanks to some tough (but never unreasonably frustrating) battles, a healthy dose of fan service, and a quality localization, Revenant Wings is a thoroughly enjoyable hybrid. It's hardly the second coming of Final Fantasy XII ... but somehow manages to turn that into a strength anyway."
GameZone -- 85%: Risky, but successful. " ... the gamble has ultimately paid off, as the game is a great direction for the series, and fits well on the Nintendo DS. While the controls themselves are a little hard to get used to, the game is a deep and complex handheld game that will keep Final Fantasy fanatics entertained for a long while."
GameBrink -- 94%: They checked out the Japanese import, and found a solid, beautiful game. "On the graphics side of things, Square Enix has once again shown what beautiful graphics the DS is capable of with some very beautifully rendered 3D backgrounds from the lush green forests to the bright red heated volcanic caverns. The fun thing is you even get to customise your airship base a little by placing monuments!"
Hey, speaking of, where was Ring of Fates? We could use some new media on that as well ....
- Heroes of Mana - August 14
- Front Mission - October 23
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - November 6
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - November 20
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - Spring 2008
[Via press release]
All this swag doesn't come for nothing -- you're expected to earn your game memorablia. The requirements aren't too onerous though; most of them involve collecting stamps from the various game stands present at the party.
You could just wait for this stuff to find its way onto your online auction site of choice in the not-too-distant future.
We doubt that's going to be the real title, but we never could avoid sequel humor. Apparently, director Motomu Toriyama enjoyed making Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings so much that he'd like to develop a sequel.
This is by no means a confirmation or an announcement or any of the other things it'll be labeled on message boards. It's just a casual statement. But a Revenant Wings sequel seems likely, since the sales have been pretty good, and, most importantly, we're talking about Square Enix, who has kind of a thing for sequels.
And we're sure those lucky folk who were able to get out to the local store and wait in line for hours so that they could procure a copy are probably loving the game so far, deeply immersed in their title.
Lucky jerks ...
- Classic Action: Devilish
- Pokemon Diamond
- Pokemon Pearl
- SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS
- several different environments
- airship navigating the game world
- lots of dialogue
- a CG cutscene
- spell casting and some light battle segments
Over at 1UP, they got their hands on a few Japanese magazines containing info on the highly-anticipated (by us, anyway) Final Fantasy XII spin-off title Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. In checking out their preview, we noticed that there is a lot of new information on the game. As such, we're doing the gentlemanly thing and presenting it to you, fine reader, in the most entertaining way possible: with our minds. Why yes, dear reader, in fact right now you are staring at a blank computer screen, it is us who have projected the image of this website into your mind and, might we say, it's awfully cold and vacant up here.
Jokes about your intelligence aside, some of the newly-acquired facts on the title include:
- The game will feature over 50 different summons, with each varying in rank (three total ranks)
- The third rank summon may only be used once in each map
- A section of the airship will be used to house in-game achievements, taking the form of monuments
- The Salamander summon has been changed from a lizard to a wild boar