Voice chat in the works for Phantom Hourglass?
With upcoming games like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Panel de Pon also planning to use the Nintendo DS' VoIP capabilities, purchasing the uncomfortable-looking, official headset is beginning to make a lot more sense to us. Of all the titles we expected to eventually include voice communication, Phantom Hourglass was definitely not one of them.
Update: Having a bit more experience with the Japanese language, The Hylia translated the Famitsu scans in an effort to confirm this news. Much to our dismay, The Hylia found that there is no voice chat support planned for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. I said it once, I'll say it again.
The DS doesn't need a headset. It has a built-in microphone. Just grab some earphones, and use the Microphone included.
That said, I'm looking forward to trash-talking on Zelda Phantom Hourglass, I just hope they make it a bit like Four Swords...
Posted at 9:47PM on Apr 14th 2007 by Nushio
3. A Phantasy Star Online DS using the headset would be The Greatest Achievement of All Mankindô.
Posted at 3:24AM on Apr 15th 2007 by Saphion
4. "Much to our dismay, The Hylia found that there will be is voice chat support planned for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass."
Posted at 1:41PM on Apr 15th 2007 by Nushio
5. whoops! that should've read as follows:
"Much to our dismay, The Hylia found that there is no voice chat support planned for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass."
Posted at 2:52PM on Apr 15th 2007 by Eric Caoili
6. @ Saphion
Oh god, yes
And with all the SEGA friendliness, its a better possibility than you think...
Posted at 2:53PM on Apr 15th 2007 by Mr Khan
7. @ Mr Khan
Bruce Kelly, who runs Rumor Reporter (http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=226#comments - check the first two comments) seems to think so too! I do hope he's not pulling our collective legs.
Posted at 4:14PM on Apr 15th 2007 by Saphion
8. All this jibber jabber about voice chat and yet no reference to YuGiOh World Championship 2007 + Tony Hawk.. c'mon, DS pioneers! These Pokemon fags, err, fans are just taking all the glory!
Posted at 4:41PM on Apr 16th 2007 by eRECTUS
1. It's almost like cats were made for memes. And also why old people want to dress them up like people.
Posted at 6:15PM on Apr 14th 2007 by hvnlysoldr